The Museum is always working to enhance the displays, enable access to additional areas of our site, and preserve and display other aspects of Purbeck’s industrial past. Our plans are explained in the PMMM Forward Plan (pdf).
Current projects include:
- Opening up the lower part of the main Museum site to visitors and displaying our collection of wagons
- Restoring the Skew Arch Bridge over the Swanage Railway at Norden Station
- Enabling access and providing walks and interpretation to 19th Century clay pits on the south west side of Norden station
- Cataloguing our image collection
- Documenting our collection in the museum database